How to Apply
If you have a project, event, group or school which improves the lives of the people of Berwickshire, please consider applying for funding.
All you need to do is complete the application forms and return them to the address below.
Download the application form here:
Please return your completed application form to:
c/o Berwickshire Housing Association
55 Newtown Street
- Your organisation must be constituted and you must supply a copy of your constitution with this application.
- Please complete the form in black ink and use block capitals or type.
- The form must be signed by two representatives of your organisation. These representatives should not be personally related in anyway.
- The maximum funding available will be £500.
- Please complete all sections accurately. Failure to do so may delay or adversely affect our decision. If it is found that there is incorrect or inaccurate information on the application form, accidental or otherwise, that would have affected the decision we made regarding your funding application, we reserve the right to recoup the original grant from the organisation plus our costs to do this.
- Be as clear as possible when describing the project/event and the amount of funding you are seeking. Be sure to detail what our funding will be used for within the wider project/event.
- Where funding is being requested for facility or grounds improvement a copy of the lease or ownership document should be included with the application.
- BHA Tenant Volunteers will only consider applications from properly constituted community groups that are embarking on a project or event that will benefit, and is accessible to, the people in their local area and Berwickshire as a whole and will provide a public benefit. Applications will also be considered if the project/event is established and funding is required for one off support.
- If you have previously applied to us, you must include proof that you have raised an equivalent sum of money to that which you are asking us to consider. This money must have been raised through fund raising events by your organisation and not from other funding sources.
If you are unsure whether you should apply or have any questions regarding the information provided please call us on 01361 884000.
Here are just a few projects and events that have been supported through the Tenant Volunteers:
Coldstream Men’s Shed
Coldstream’s Men Shed provides the opportunity for local residents to make friends, share skills and participate in a range of practical projects. Despite being recently launched in November 2016 it already has over 40 registered members of all ages and backgrounds taking part in various projects.
The Men Shed concept is one which is growing throughout the country providing a larger version of a typical man’s shed in the garden, a place to pursue practical interests and share tools and resources to work on projects in a friendly and safe environment.
The Tenant Volunteers are pleased to support such an important community initiative and donated £350 towards the purchase of new tools, materials and equipment from the Berwickshire Housing Grant Fund.
Peter Howe, Secretary of The Men Shed were delighted to receive this generous donation from Berwickshire Housing Association. “As we are a new organisation and growing rapidly there are all sorts of challenges to be met and this donation will help ensure our overheads are met. We are particularly pleased to be made so welcome by an established community enterprise and look forward to future co-operation in our work for and within the community”.
Berwickshire High School’s Karting Team
Congratulations to Bradley Cooper, Billy Farmer and Jamie Thorburn, who finished 2nd in the 2016 National Final of British Schools Karting Championship.
The three Berwickshire High School students received grant funding from BHA Tenant Volunteers which allowed them to travel to Silverstone to take part in the British Karting Championships.
“The boys were incredible and just missed out on the top spot to the local team that actually hold the track record! I would just like to personally thank BHA and the rest of the residents committee who without your generous donation there would have been no way we would have made it to the final.
I cannot say how touched the team and I were that you were willing to invest in them.” explains Claire Grant, Team captain and Faculty Head of Social Subjects at Berwickshire High School.
Amazing effort guys, Well Done from all at BHA.
Berwickshire High School 6th Year Prom
BHA Tenant Volunteers group recently presented Berwickshire High School students a cheque for £600.
The group, which represents BHA Tenants interests on rents and other issues, has donated £600 towards the organising of the student’s 6th year prom, which will be held late 2016.